There can be no doubt that the quality of Craigslist has declined in the past couple of years. Many users have become frustrated with their lack of security and a long series of ongoing hacks that the site hardly deigns to deal with. There are other reasons why Craigslist has become more a source of annoyance than a source of helpful and free online classified ad posting in recent times.
Boo @ Craigslist (And we don’t mean for Halloween)
- Security breaches are causing people to receive unwanted SMS messages, often these can come with charges associated to the phone number.
- People who troll ads and flag them if they disagree with them or if they are in direct competition with them means that often those who want to advertise regularly on Craigslist, will need to have an employee that can spend significant amounts of time negating the effects of fake ad flaggers.
- Because of its incredible size and reach, Craigslist has fallen prey to so much unchecked spam that many who post certain types of ads, such as help wanted or job ads, become so flooded with spam so quickly that they are forced to take their ads down.
FreeAdLists has great developers who regularly update to help combat certain types of auto or bot spam. This reduces the number of ‘useless’ replies ad posters can get to their ads. Although it is impossible to combat spam completely, FreeAdLists does make a great effort to do so and it shows in their customers satisfaction and willingness to post and repost again!
- FreeAdLists does not sell your personal information.
- FreeAdLists requires confirmation on accounts to ensure that no one is trying to use your information to create a spam or robot account.
FreeAdLists does make the effort to secure their consumers information and this results in far less faulty and frustrating free classified ad posting.